Guest Information and Safety Measures: Step 4 Precautions
Updated for 19th July 2021
What is the same?
We’re still the same hostel, in the same beautiful location with the same attentive staff.
If you’ve visited before, you will know first-hand how helpful and friendly Nick, Charlie, Andy and Pete are. They can’t wait to welcome you, whether you are a returning guest or staying with us for the first time.
There is lots of green space with some of the very best of the Lake District right outside the front door to enable you to enjoy an active or restful break close to nature.
What has changed?
We have made all necessary adjustments to meet government guidance and to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
We’ve outlined changes at each stage of your stay below.
- Our normal cancellation terms for individual bookings is 5 days.
- If we or the Government have to make changes, or you are required to isolate by a genuine NHS Track & Trace event, you can cancel the booking at any time with no cost to yourself.
- All guests need to book in advance.
- You will be required to confirm that you do not have any covid-19 symptoms and that you comply with current government guidelines regarding social contact restrictions.
- We are returning to daytime access, so you can come in and make yourselves comfortable with a cup of tea until staff arrive and reception is open at 5pm until 9.30pm unless prior arrangements are made for a late check-in up to 10.30pm.
- Electronic registration is now preferred, and the relevant forms will be sent to you in advance for completion – to include the names of all party members over 16.
- We respectfully request that you continue to wear face coverings in all communal areas of the hostel including at check in, except when seated to eat or drink.
- Guests will be asked to answer health questions regarding possible contact with the virus and may also be subject to a temperature check. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing signs of the virus.
- We request that you follow government guidance and scan the QR code for NHS Test and Trace.
During your stay
- Once checked in you will have access to the hostel during the day. Please respect our neighbours and other guests when entering and leaving the hostel, especially later in the evening.
- Increased outdoor seating is now available, weather permitting.
- You can still come and go at your leisure during the day but should not admit any other visitors.
- Please make use of the hand sanitisers and wash your hands regularly and maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Should you fall ill during your stay please immediately inform a member of staff and stay in your room to self-isolate and minimise the risk of transmission. You should also request a test.
- We are able to reopen our self-catering facilities, but we request that you respect people’s personal space and don’t congregate unnecessarily.
- New bookings include a choice of full English or Continental breakfast in the price. If preferred, you can opt out and make your own arrangements in which case a refund of £6.95 per adult and £4 per child will be applied.
- We encourage you to book evening meals, preferably in advance but by 6pm on the day at the latest and packed lunches can be booked up to 7.30pm the previous evening.
Rooms, Bedding and Bathrooms
- Rooms are booked as private rooms to individuals, couples, families or legally permitted bubbles with shared toilets / washroom & shower facilities.
- In addition, we have reduced the occupancy of the hostel by approximately one third to facilitate social distancing in the building and ensure safe access to facilities.
- There will be increased and regular cleaning in the hostel common areas and bathrooms.
- The staff will not enter your room for the duration of your stay, unless specifically requested to do so.
- All keys will be in the room, so you do not have to be passed the key by a staff member upon arrival.
- Bedding will be provided for you to make your own beds as before, but after your stay we ask that you strip the bed, and leave the bedding in your room in the bags provided.
- Bedding is cleaned professionally off-site at 72oC.
Common Areas, Touch Points and Social Distancing
- Enhanced cleaning will be taking place throughout the hostel at common touch points, with certified anti-viral cleaning products in use.
- The frequency will also increase to include an additional clean before breakfast, when reception opens, in the afternoon and before staff leave the building at the end of the day.
- Sanitising stations have been installed throughout our common areas.
- Firesafe doorstops are in place to keep doors open and reduce the need to touch handles.
- Additionally, guests will be provided with a contactless EDC key which will further minimise the need to touch.
- Games in our common area have been removed for the time being, but books remain and can be borrowed at your own risk. We’ll ask you to return books to a specific box so we can quarantine them before returning them for others to enjoy.
- Social distancing is in place throughout the hostel, with new screens available to facilitate this.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines and be aware of other guests’ boundaries.
Best practice is still to
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, wear a face covering where appropriate.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Please do not visit the hostel if you have symptoms of coronavirus or have been in contact with anyone who has symptoms.
Flexible Terms and Conditions
We appreciate the need for flexibility in these difficult times, so our T&Cs have been amended to make it easier for you to cancel. Please see the small print here for more details.
Any other Questions or Concerns?
If you have any further questions, please do feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 015394 37245 and we will do our best to answer.
“The staff were really friendly which helped to live at ease with the Covid restrictions, everywhere was spotless and the food was great. Never too sure we would get into the village pub to eat we went full board and were very well fed and that included the packed lunches to take with us.” September 2020
“Wonderful host, very welcoming and extra helpful. Felt COVID-secure and very private as they are taking less guests.” July 2020
“Friendly staff who aim to meet all need. Good food and comfortable rooms.
Attention to Covid protection excellent allowing us to feel confident to stay in hostel, yet just as relaxed as previous visits.” July 2020
“The whole hostel was spotless as usual and real thought had been put into the Covid procedures and how to make us feel comfortable. We had delicious meals for dinner and breakfast. We’ll be back again soon! Thanks to all the lovely team.” July 2020
Guest and Staff safety and security is our top priority. Please do let us know if there’s anything we can do to reassure you of our safety measures and procedures.