We’ve been a hostel for over 80 years, but that doesn’t mean we’re old fashioned. We’ve been updating the facilities to combine the charm and functionality of the original YHA Hostel with a relaxed, warm and comfortable environment. Other facilities include:
- Accommodation for up to 38 people in 11 bedrooms, ranging from two to six beds in each
- Available for single bookings or groups large or small – Enquiries welcome
- Two newly refurbished unisex shower rooms, in addition to gender specific facilities
- Fully equipped self catering kitchen
- Communal lounge/dining area
- Excellent drying room
- Cycle storage
- Small shop selling maps, postcards snacks and drinks
- Free wifi in public areas and some bedrooms
- Just a two/three minute walk from a fantastic Lakeland pub
- National Trust car park less than 100m away – free to National Trust members or £6.50 per day. There is also limited free roadside parking around Elterwater.
- Fully catered accommodation options available
- Knowledgeable staff willing to help you plan your time in the lakes
For our guide to accessing our facilities, please see our Elterwater Hostel Access Guide.