Modern facilities, old fashioned lakeland charm
A hostel for over 80 years, but that doesn’t mean we’re old fashioned. Since 2013, we’ve been continually upgrading to combine the charm and functionality of the original YHA Hostel with modern facilities, such as high speed wifi, better showers, bathrooms and improved fabrics to create a relaxed, warm and comfortable environment.
Our accommodation has a variety of bunk rooms for individuals, couples, and groups, ranging from two to six sleeper rooms. For more privacy, consider booking the whole hostel, or specific private rooms. Or you can simply book one or more beds in a shared dorm.
We are sorry, we do not take dogs or other pets.
Other facilities include:
- Serviced accommodation for up to 38 people in 11 bedrooms, ranging from two to six beds in each
- One en-suite family room, sleeping up to 5 people
- Free wifi, individual electric charging points and bed lights
- 5 showers, with unlimited hot water, modern bathrooms and toilets
- Fully equipped self catering kitchen
- Recently refurbished communal lounge/dining area
- Excellent drying room
- Lockable cycle storage, electric bike charging and bike washing facilities
- Small shop selling maps, postcards snacks and drinks
- Fully catered accommodation options available
- Knowledgeable staff willing to help you plan your time in the lakes
- Electric car charging point (booking required)
- For our guide to accessing our facilities, please see our Elterwater Hostel Access Guide.